- Service Alert, for Landlord and Tenant Board, 150 King Street, St. Catharines ON L2R7R4, MTO Building Ground Floor Room A. Due to the detection of an unidentified odour, the St. Catharines hearings site of the Landlord and Tenant Board is closed. All hearings scheduled for today (Thursday March 29, 2018) have been postponed and will be rescheduled to a later date.
- Our offices will be closed on Monday, April 2 for Easter Monday.
Contact the LTB
|TTY:||Call the Bell Relay Service at 1-800-855-0511|
Wait times are highest on Mondays, the first business day of the month, and between 11am and 1pm.
When all the lines are busy with other callers, you may get a busy signal.
Before you call, get answers to our most Frequently Asked Questions.
Automated information menu
You can access our automated information menu at the numbers above 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The menu offers information in five areas:
- Accessibility at the LTB
- The rights and responsibilities of landlords and tenants
- Rent rules
- “If your landlord or tenant has filed an application with the LTB...”
- Office hours/locations
Check file status
Use the Check File Status tool to find out the date and location of your next hearing and whether an order has been issued.
By mail or fax
If you are mailing or faxing documents, include the file number, if you have one. This way, the LTB knows which file the documents belong to. Send your application to the office below that is closest to the rental property.
In person at the LTB
You can visit one of the LTB offices below to get information from a customer service officer, file an application or get forms or brochures. Our offices are open Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Hamilton - Southern Office
119 King Street West, 6th Floor
Hamilton, Ontario L8P 4Y7
Fax: 905-521-7870 or 1-866-455-5255
Sudbury - Northern Office
199 Larch Street, Suite 301
Sudbury, Ontario P3E 5P9
Fax: 705-564-4118 or 1-866-410-1399
London - Southwestern Office
150 Dufferin Avenue, Suite 400
London, Ontario N6A 5N6
Fax: 519-679-7290 or 1-888-377-8813
Toronto East Office
2275 Midland Avenue, Unit 2
Toronto, Ontario M1P 3E7
Fax: 416-314-8649 or 1-888-377-8808
Mississauga - Central Office
3 Robert Speck Parkway, Suite 520
Mississauga, Ontario L4Z 2G5
Fax: 905-279-7286 or 1-888-322-2841
Toronto North Office
47 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 700
Toronto, Ontario M2N 5X5
Ottawa - Eastern Office
255 Albert Street, 4th Floor
Ottawa, Ontario K1P 6A9
Fax: 613-787-4024 or 1-888-377-8805
Toronto South Office
79 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 212
Toronto, Ontario M4T 1M6
In person at ServiceOntario (Filing only)
You can file an application in person at some ServiceOntario locations.
ServiceOntario staff cannot provide you with information about the law or LTB procedures, but they can accept documents on behalf of the LTB. Also, you cannot mail or fax documents to a ServiceOntario location. If you are mailing or faxing documents, send them to one of the LTB offices listed above.
To find the ServiceOntario location nearest you that accepts LTB applications and documents, visit ServiceOntario’s Service Location Finder under “Housing and Property”.
By email: For application-specific inquiries only
Email the LTB for application-specific inquiries only. Do not email if you have questions about problems with your rental unit, landlord or tenant.
For example, you could email the LTB to:
- send documents for your application file
- provide information that the LTB said it needed for your application
- give dates that you are unavailable so the LTB can schedule a hearing
Send your email to the office taking care of your application. Check your file number to make sure you email the right office. You must include your file number in the subject line of your email.
If your file number begins with:
Your LTB office is:
Use this email address:
|CEL or CET||Central
|EAL or EAT||Eastern
|NOL or NOT||Northern
|SOL or SOT||Southern
|SWL or SWT||Southwest
|TEL or TET||Toronto East
(Toronto – Scarborough)
|TNL or TNT||Toronto North
(Toronto – North York)
|TSL or TST||Toronto South
(Toronto – Yonge/St Clair)
The LTB will delete these types of emails without answering them:
- Questions about problems you are having with your rental unit, landlord or tenant. Instead, check out our FAQs, brochures, or call us at the number above.
- Emails to the LTB to file an application. You may be able to e-File your application or you can file your application another way.
- Emails to pay for LTB services. Pay in-person at an LTB office, or send the payment to the office by mail or fax.
Non-profit housing co-operative eviction inquiries
If you have questions about the LTB’s procedures for non-profit housing co-operative evictions or about your file, call 1-844-288-7221 or 416-314-7061 or email: co-opprocessingLTB@ontario.ca
The LTB does not provide information about the rights and obligations in co-operative non-profit housing. A co-op or co-op member can contact the Co-operative Housing Federation of Canada or seek legal advice from a Community Legal Clinic.
For media inquiries, email: email@example.com