March 26, 2020
On March 20, 2020, the Government of Ontario issued an Emergency Order (O.Reg. 73/20) under the Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act.
The order suspends limitation periods and procedural time periods relevant to tribunal proceedings. The suspension is retroactive to March 16, 2020.
If current and / or new parties are not able to meet a timeline, Tribunals Ontario will allow them to do so at a later date. For example, if parties are not able to meet the timeline for submitting an application to a tribunal, they will be able to submit it at a later date.
Tribunals Ontario is continuing to deliver service across the province. Most tribunals are continuing to have hearings, mediations, and case conferences by teleconference or in writing, while some tribunals are rescheduling matters to later dates.
If you are not able to proceed with a matter, please contact the tribunal to reschedule. If you are not able to attend a proceeding by teleconference or in writing, the tribunal will be able to reschedule the matter to another date.
COVID-19 Policy – Postponing Hearings
Effective today, Tribunals Ontario is implementing a new policy to postpone in-person hearings and reschedule to a later date. Where feasible, alternative hearing options such as written and telephone hearings will be considered to minimize disruption to hearings across the organization. In addition, all front-line counter services will be closed as of March 16 until further notice. For more information, please see the news release.
Forms and Filing
Changes at the CICB
Please take note of these important changes at the CICB:
- Beginning October 1, 2019, the CICB will no longer accept:
- applications for compensation
- requests for review hearings
- applications to vary an order for compensation
- Monday, September 30, 2019 was the last day to file an application with the CICB. Applications received after 11:59 p.m. on September 30 will not be accepted.
- Beginning October 1, 2019, CICB decisions can no longer be appealed to the Divisional Court.
- Beginning October 1, 2019, individuals seeking supports and services that result from being a victim of crime can contact the Ministry of the Attorney General's Victim Quick Response Program + (VQRP+).
- CICB awards made on or after May 29, 2019 will be subject to a maximum lump sum payment of $30,000 and a maximum award for pain and suffering of $5,000.
As of October 1, 2019, the CICB is no longer accepting applications for compensation.
Notice of Change of Address
Use this form to let us know if your contact information changes while we are processing your application. It's important to keep your phone number and address up to date. If we can't reach you, it will delay your application and could even cause your application to be dismissed.
Send us the form by email, fax or mail. If you are emailing the form, check the box to apply your electronic signature. If you fax or mail the form, remember to sign and date it.
- Download the Notice of Change of Address
Notice of Legal Representation
Use this form to give your legal representative permission to communicate with the CICB about your case and access the information on your file. If you choose to have a legal representative, the CICB will only communicate with that person and not with you.
- Download the Notice of Legal Representation
Authorization for Authorized Party
Use this form to give someone other than your legal representative permission to communicate with the CICB about your case and access the information on your file.
- Download the Authorization for Authorized Party
Direction of Funds
Use this form to tell the CICB that you want your legal representative to receive award money on your behalf.
- Download the Direction of Funds
Consent to Disclose Personal Health Information
The CICB routinely requests medical information in order to assess your injuries. Healthcare providers like doctors and hospitals usually require your written consent before they will share those documents with the CICB. Use this form to give your consent.
- Download the Consent to Disclose Personal Health Information
Give this form to your treatment provider to submit counselling, physiotherapy, dental, chiropractic or massage therapy treatment expenses for payment. Your treatment provider must attach invoices to the form that show the details of the service provided and the cost. Do not use this form unless you have received written permission from the CICB to submit these expenses in advance. Any expenses you submit that the CICB has not pre-authorized will not be paid.
- Download the Verification Form
Litigation Guardian Forms
Use these forms to apply to be a litigation guardian for an applicant is who is under 18 or lacks the mental capacity to make decisions about an application to the CICB. A litigation guardian is responsible for managing the application and making decisions on behalf of the applicant.
- Download the Litigation Guardian Form on Behalf of a Person who is Under 18
- Download the Litigation Guardian Form for Mental Incapacity
Notice of Motion
Use this form when you want to ask the CICB to make an order about any issue in an application.
- Download the Notice of Motion
Request for Summons
Use this form to ask the CICB to issue a summons to require a witness to give oral evidence at a hearing and/or bring certain documents to a hearing.
- Download the Request for Summons
Request for Reconsideration
Use this form to request a reconsideration of the CICB's final decision in an application heard by two or more members. You have 30 days from the time you receive the CICB's decision to make this request.
- Download the Request for Reconsideration
Request for Review
As of October 1, 2019, requests for review hearings can no longer be filed with the CICB. For more information, see Latest News.
Application to Vary an Order for Compensation
As of October 1, 2019, applications to vary an order for compensation can no longer be filed with the CICB. For more information, see Latest News.